Each shooting range has its own set of rules that must be followed for your safety and the safety of others. Most are pretty common sense, yet even professionals can sometimes forget that a bit of etiquette at the shooting range is needed. Here are a few tips that can improve your experience at the shooting range.
- Preparation – Before you head to the shooting range, there are a few things to think about. Are you able to handle your firearm comfortably? If you are bringing a weapon of your own, you should practice loading it, preferably with snap caps, until you are totally comfortable. If you plan to use a rental firearm, take the time to handle it for a few minutes before you begin loading it with ammunition. Also, be sure to bring ear and eye protection. Find out ahead of time whether you can use your own ammunition or must use theirs. Be sure to dress appropriately. Before you get started at the shooting range, read over their regulations and rules carefully.
- Safety – Know these rules for safety at a shooting range:
- Always think of any gun in your hand as being loaded, even if you are sure it is not.
- Never put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
- Do not point the gun at anything you do not want to shoot. Keep the gun pointed down range at all times.
- Etiquette – While it is great to socialize with fellow enthusiasts, doing it on the shooting range is not the place. When you are on the firing line, your attention should be to your firearm, and you should never bother others while they are shooting. Additionally, you should not handle another person’s firearms nor let them handle yours. This isn’t just good etiquette, but also a safety factor.
At Denver Defense we feature an 18-lane shooting range with state-of-the-art digital automated targeting systems. Our staff is prepared to help every enthusiast from beginner through seasoned professional, so your shooting range experience is the best it can be. We also offer memberships that reduce the cost for your shooting range costs. We offer individual, family, corporate, founding, and lifetime memberships. We also have rental firearms, so you can get practice with a variety of firearm types.